Sunday, January 31, 2010

Waiting for the Warm Weather!

I'm ready for summer to get here. Heck, I'd be happy if we had a day where it didn't get below freezing! But it's not too bad, I'm actually getting used to it. I know!! I never thought I'd say those words! We are keeping ourselves busy in spite of the frigid temperatures. Here's a little break down of what we've been up to the past couple of weeks.

We've been watching lots of football! It's going to be boring after the Super Bowl. There won't be anything on TV to watch on the weekends once it's over.


Here's my friend from work, Jenn. After we finished watching the Vikings whoop up on the Cowboys we decided to scrapbook a little while the guys played video games.

Align Center
Brian and I went fishing last weekend. We tried a couple of lakes, but guess what....they were frozen solid!!! So we headed to the river. We didn't stay very long because it was pretty cold and there wasn't a fish in sight!




I've been baking a lot as well. I love trying out new recipes, and that's what I've been doing. In the past week or so I've made 7 new things. They include: homemade cinnamon rolls, monkey bread, pound cake, baked mac & cheese, chicken pot pie, roadside diner quiche and minestrone soup. Brian even got in the cooking mood so he tried a new recipe for chili con carne. They were all keepers. Here's a picture of the monkey bread and pound cake.



More scrapbooking!


Spending time with our pets! I know, you get to see a lot of pictures of them. But they do keep us entertained and busy.


Brian and I have also kept ourselves busy with one of spare bedrooms in the basement. We finally got all of the drywall up and it has been taped and mudded. We still need to do a couple more applications of mud. But it's getting there!


When I first started this post I didn't think I'd have much to show you guys, but I guess we have been pretty busy these past few weeks. Nothing too exciting, but we like to be at home together. We hope everyone is doing well where ever you may be reading this. Know that we are thinking about each and everyone of you!

1 comment:

THE BENEDICT'S said...

yay for baking!!! i'm so glad someone else is baking tons as well! i feel like it's my past time lately!