Monday, May 18, 2009

I made it to Kansas!!!

I have taken a week off of work and I have come up to Kansas. I was in need of a break from school and I have 9 vacation days left so I decided to use 5 of them. The days will not transfer with me to Kansas, so I either use them or lose them.

Before I could make the long drive by myself to Kansas, I went down to Corpus Christi for a race! On Saturday morning I ran in the Beach to Bay Marathon Relay with 5 other teachers from work. We had a lot of fun. It was crazy!!! We ran from the beaches of North Padre Island to the Bay of Corpus Christi. I ran the Naval Base leg. Heather started us out on the beach while Shalin took us to the big bridge where Wayne took the baton up and over the bridge. I ran the next leg through the Naval base and I handed off to Jabalie who then handed off to Larry to bring us to the finish line! We finished in 4 hours and 11 minutes. I ran 4.7 miles in just over 44 minutes and it was hot!!!!




We ended up leaving Corpus Christi around 1:30 or so on Saturday. We made it up to San Antonio around 4:30 where I packed up my car quick and headed North! I ended up spending the night in Oklahoma City. I finally made it to Kansas Sunday around 11 AM. My dad and step mom came down Sunday to meet for lunch and my dad was going to help Brian pre-wire our basement for surround sound. Here are a few pictures of our house. It's really starting to come along!!





After they finished at the house we went miniature golfing. It was a lot of fun. I am going to have to get used to the colder weather. I know it was a beautiful day, but I still got the goose bumps a few times through out the day. San Antonio has spoiled me with the warm weather!





I got a hole in one on this hole! When we finished we added up our scores and I won by one stroke. So this hole in one was crucial!! :)

2 comments:

amy said...

I love your house!!!

THE BENEDICT'S said...

Wow, can't believe how fast everything is coming along! That is SO exciting. Glad you got to spend some time with Brian again!!