Sunday, July 26, 2009

Having fun in Manhattan

Some of you may remember what happened to me during the first month of moving to San Antonio. Yea that's right, I ripped my fingernail out and I had to drive myself to the Emergency Room. Only I had no idea where that was!! So I went to the only gate I knew of at Fort Sam (and with tears rolling down my cheeks) asked the guard where the hospital was.
So Brian made it a point to make sure I knew where the hospital was here at Fort Riley and here's my proof that I found it!! :)


Hopefully I won't be visiting this place anytime soon!

And now for a few updated pictures of our house. We finally have tile!!! We're only 3 weeks out now, so hopefully we'll be seeing a lot of changes here shortly. The last time we were there they had the padding for our carpet ready to lay down.
The fist picture is of our tile backsplash in our kitchen. You can also see the kitchen counter top, but it's pretty dirty.

The countertops, fixtures and toilets are also in.


Like I said earlier...we have tile! Here's the tile in our entryway.


Now for the fun part. We bought a jet ski yesterday! We took it out to Milford lake and had a blast. Apparently the old owners got it up to 70 miles per hour, but I didn't go over 50! Brian got it just over 50 at one point and time. It's so much fun!!!

Milford lake is absolutely beautiful! It's also extremely big. I don't think we even saw half of the lake and we were out there for almost 2 hours.


I had to get a picture of Brian's hair ( I know...mine isn't much better). But I just love how it was standing straight up in the front from the wind!

3 comments:

the fortenberrys said...

How fun! Hopefully you'll get lots of use out of your jet ski.

Thanks for updating us on the house. I know you are so excited. I'm excited for you!

Riann said...

So jealous you guys got a jet ski! I can just imagine going out on the lake for hours flying around! You guys are going to have a blast!

amy said...

How cool is it that you have a jet ski! Looks like so much fun. Maybe what I see in a jet ski is what most guys see in motorcycles?
I think your house looks great. I'm glad you get to move in soon :)