Monday, May 10, 2010

These past few weeks!

I know I haven't updated this in over a month, but I do have an excuse as to why I haven't. Some of you have asked if there is a Spring Break Part 2 coming...and there was supposed to be. I had good intentions of putting up pictures of Brian's Bataan Death March that he participated in the last weekend of Spring Break but that obviously hasn't happened. I would do that now, but I'm not sure where those pictures are currently located. So they'll come at a later date! But, his team did very well at the Bataan. They beat last years winning time by over 30 minutes!! Despite those efforts, they did not come in first. I believe they got 3rd...but it was so long ago that now I'm not 100% sure.

The big reason I haven't been updating my blog is because I'm pregnant and I really wasn't feeling well at all for about 6 weeks!!! I had some bad morning sickness, but it hit me in the evenings. Starting at about 4 PM, I would start to feel nauseous. And that would last until I went to bed. I ended up losing 10 pounds, but I'm definitely feeling better now!!! Thank goodness!! Brian and I are finally eating dinner together again. Poor guy lived on cereal for dinner for way too many weeks!! He knows how to cook, but he didn't mind eating cereal. Plus, if he made something that gave off too much odor when he cooked, it would make me feel worse!

We are very excited! The baby is due November 19th. I'm into my second trimester, so hopefully things just keep getting better!! I promise to do a better job of keeping you all informed on our progress. As far as future plans go, I'm still planning on going to Graduate school this fall. Just need to figure out how my semester finals will work out for this first semester. Brian is also the current Company Commander for the medical company. Here are a few pictures of his Change of Command Ceremony.


7 comments:

Riann said...

YAY!!! We know you have been wanting this for a very long time and we are sooooo incredibly happy for you guys! Cannot wait to see updated pictures of you!! Are you going to find out the sex early?
CONGRATULATIONS!!

David Boland said...

Congratulations!! We here at the Boland house know all about the "too sick to update the blog" situation. So glad you're through it and on to the exciting part!

Kristen said...

Thanks guys!!! I will send updated pictures! And yes, we will find out the sex early! I don't think I'd be able to wait until November to find out if it's a boy or girl!! :)

The Fortenberrys said...

So exciting!!! Glad you are feeling a little better and I just hope you continue on that route :) Love ya and am so excited for the two of you to experience parenthood...you will be wonderful at it!

amy said...

I am so happy for you guys. What a dream come true :) ... I can't wait for pictures and tell Brian congrats on the change of command

cole and ella's mom said...

Kristen--This is the best news I have heard in a long time!! I have not wanted to ask your status on this because I know you have had quite a journey to this.
Congrats....AND don't worry about timing grad school finals and all that, now that you will be a mommy, someone else will dictate your schedule AND it will be wonderful!

THE BENEDICT'S said...

Well, I've been away from the blog world for a very, very long time, but Tim and I are so happy for you guys!! Congrats again and glad to hear you are past the sick stage =).